Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Minnesota Memorial Day

"I pity the fool!"
Is it just me, or does Isaac look like he's rapping?

Keeping Spike entertained while I packed was no easy task. We had told him we were going on a plane to Granini and Grandpa Dave's house, and making him wait until after his nap was like torture (for him and therefore also for me).

Anders's first plane ride!

I took my first plane ride when I was 18. Both my boys flew before they were 3 months old! This was Isaac's first flight that he was able to understand what was happening and he was so excited. I have a video of his reaction, but I need to trim it before I post it. I'll try to get it up soon.

You should have seen us going through security in Chicago. We carried on all our luggage (we were being cheap--it costs $15 to check a bag now!) and gate checked our stroller and car seat. Here's a list of everything that had to go through the x-ray at security: 3 coats, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 blankies, carseat, stroller, stroller wheels, doubles seat for stroller, 2 suitcases, a diaper bag, a backpack, and 2 plastic baggies of liquids!

Checking out the "cool" in the morning.

Spike's first of many dips.

1-2-3!


Ando Boy enjoying the shade

A little "cool" just for Spike!


As I looked through my pictures, I realized I took virtually NO pictures of all the fabulous friends and family we saw last weekend. First we had a "blog stalkers party" on Saturday with two families that Karen works with. We all read each other's blogs but had never met. It was a blast and Amy and Brynn's kids are just as cute in real life as their pictures portray.

Sunday Granini, Cousin Emily, Aunt Janie, and their friend Breezy ran a marathon as a team. Then all the Schreiner family (that's Karen's sister) hung out with us.

Sunday afternoon and evening we visited with David's side of the family--the Satterbergs.

I can't believe the ONLY pictures I took were of Izey and Ando! It was a busy weekend, but relaxing as well. After I had so many loving, helpful hands taking care of me and my boys, this week has been daunting getting back into the swing of things!

4 comments:

  1. Again - so great to meet you and your beautiful family! Did Karen forward you the email pics? I didn't have your email address handy, so I just asked her to forward them. I believe you can use the email to go to picnik.com and then save them on your own computer if you're interested in printing any of them.

    Thanks for including us in your busy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that Bling!! Who knew you had a rap star in the family, you should really get him a gold binky, it would really complete the outfit, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that Isaac and I share the exact same feet these days. Seriously. Same feet.

    ReplyDelete