Poor Baby Ando is doomed to a life of hand-me-downs. I'm a second child, too, but I'm the first girl in my immediate family and the first girl grandkid on both sides of the family, too, so I didn't really suffer.
Don't get me wrong, I know Anders lacks for nothing, but since the day he was born, I've faught a nagging feeling of being torn between my boys. I want Izey to know he could never be replaced and I want Anders to feel just as loved and doted upon as Isaac did.
Of course my love for each boy is not in question. It's just the time, labor, attention, and material things that has to be divided when you have two. I really cherish the new outfits that people have gotten for Ando because I want him to look as fresh and cute as Izey got to look. (Also, since they were born in different seasons, most of Izey's clothes don't work for Ando.)
My parents and in-laws will tell you that Zach and I have been viligant about no one buying BIG toys for Isaac because we live in such a small space and are trying to sell. But when a friend of ours was willing to loan us their super luxurious baby swing, I couldn't resist letting my little Ando have something his big bro never got to have.
We made room, and though it may not seem like a big deal to you, it's super special to me to be able to give Ando this little luxury. He loves it!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
The Plight of the Second Child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ando is really rockin' those blue eyes! What a cutie.
ReplyDeleteAs a second born of the same gender - just don't dress the boys so that one always wears one color and the other wears another and you'll be fine. Heather was always purple and I was pink. Ick.
Ooh, I'm glad Ando loves the swing!! Glad we could pass it on! I did the same thing about getting Eli something just for himself-a jumper for the doorway. I'll pass that on too when he's done with it.
ReplyDeleteThat swing is awesome! Sofia had the same one and we have stored it more carefully than ANY OTHER item of hers because it was such a God send. :) I'm sure there will be many a nap spent in that swing! Enjoy, Mamma!
ReplyDelete