Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spike's Favorite Color

Spike has become obsessed with the color green. He dumps out his blocks and plays with only the green ones. He found some little jars of paint that he loves to stack, and he carries the green one around with him. He loves coloring with the green sidewalk chalk. He also has a book called Peek-a-boo Jungle that has different animals on each page. He always wants to find the crocodile, which is, you guessed it, bright green!

I hold him while I pick out clothes for him in the morning and the last few mornings he's been pointing to a green shirt and saying, "I wanna wear the green one, Momma!" Today I put some new green shorts on him (courtesy of Nini and Greepa Dave) and he said, "I look cool, so cool, Momma!"

When Spike woke up this morning, he woke us up by calling, "I wanna play the tambourine, Momma!" (Repeat 50 times while I put on a shirt and shorts.) When I went in his room, he kept repeating it until I picked him up, at which point he said, "I wanna play the...Momma's wearin' a green shirt! I wanna play the tambourine Momma!"

Before nap today I asked him which book he wanted to read and he said, "I wanna read the green book." It's a good thing I pay attention; earlier today he had been talking about the "green grass" in the book The Big Red Barn, so I was able to deduce that it would now be known as the "green book."

It's becoming a bit of an obsession!

2 comments:

  1. Heeeeey! My favorite color is green too! We're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd better keep him and our niece Katie away from each other. She won't touch or play with anything that's green!

    ReplyDelete