So far, Isaac mostly pays little attention to Anders except when we put the baby within reach. Then Izey runs over and says, "Hi Baby Anders" or "Hi Baby Bruder" over and over again. He's quite the kisser too. He's usually really gentle but today he got his first time out for wacking Ando in the face. Zach hauled his little butt into time out quickly on that one.
Isaac also takes notice when Anders cries, saying, "Oh no! Baby Bruder sad!" and sometimes, "Izey want to hold it, Baby Bruder!"
One day Isaac was eating cottage cheese at lunch and Anders spit up on Zach's black fleece. Izey pointed to it and said, "Cottage cheese on it," and now refers to anything that comes out of Ando's mouth as "cottage cheese."
They are sleeping in the same room for naps and nights, which has been mostly a success as well...until last night. Anders seems to be following in his brother's footsteps and is developing a "fussy time" between about 8 and 10pm. Isaac has a nasty cold, and when we had finally gotten Anders really asleep, Isaac woke up crying hard. Then in a little role reversal, Isaac's crying woke up Anders and we had two unhappy boys. Zach said, "I'll take the big one and you take the little one," and we rocked them both back to sleep. It was a late evening and we ended up bringing Anders and his swing into our room so they wouldn't interrupt each other any more.
Usually, though, Isaac sleeps through Anders's crying. One night he woke up and I heard him say, "Izey go to sleep." Good self-talk, Buddy!



As happy as I was to be a non-deflating bed last night, this video makes me miss those boys!!!! Hugs from Granini!
ReplyDeleteK
Aww.. Izey is tooooo.... Cute I can't wait to see you all Easter week keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteJust about the cutest thing I have ever seen. You have such a wonderful family. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteNadia and I played this over an dover this weekend and everyone at work saw it. It just makes me smile:)
ReplyDelete