Saturday, March 14, 2009

I = NOT Pregnant!

In the days leading up to Anders's birth, I thought he would never come. In fact, a few hours before I went into labor I was talking to my dad on the phone and said, "It's never going to happen!" After he finally decided to make his grand entrance, I felt like I would never heal. But 12 days after his birth, I am finally feeling like an almost normal person.

I weighed myself one week after giving birth. I had lost 20 pounds! (Keep in mind that almost 10 of those pounds were Baby. Also, the docs said I had a big placenta--weird!) Today I weighed myself again and I've lost 5 more. I only have 10 pounds left to lose and it's been less than two weeks! woo hoo!

My tummy is still in no condition to see the light of day, but I'm feeling absolutely tiny compared to the last few months. I've been sleeping on my stomach since the second night in the hospital, and it feels fantastic! One night Zach and I were in bed and I said, "Check this out! I can turn over in 0.5 seconds flat!" and then I flipped back and forth. Zach was very impressed.

Here are a few other reasons that I HEART not being pregnant anymore:

  • no more heartburn
  • I'm very bendy
  • my shirts are long enough to cover my belly
  • I can wear my wedding ring again
  • I can wear pants with buttons and zippers
  • I can snuggle and hug my hubby
  • I can play with Isaac much more easily
  • I can walk without waddling
  • I can walk at a normal speed
  • I can hold my big boy on my lap again
Seriously, folks, you don't know how awesome these things are until you can't do them! I'm so glad to be heading back to normalcy!

3 comments:

  1. I never even thought about the difficulty in snuggling and cuddling with hubby until my belly started growing and it just wasn't the same. I already miss it and we have several more months to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how fast I can flip over... hmmm think I'll be timing myself tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate ~ It's Brooke Sims. Your parents ran into my mom a few weeks ago and they gave her your blog address! CONGRATS on the new arrival! How exciting! I just had a baby girl on 1/29/09 and I'm learning how amazing motherhood is! I'd love to keep in touch. My email is brooke@colemanproductions.com! :-) Brooke

    ReplyDelete